Robern Menz Products:
A spanish donut with your favourite FruChocs dipping sauce!
- 200g of good quality chocolate
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 500mls vegetable oil for cooking
- 75g Menz FruChocs, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* You will need a piping bag with a star nozzle
For the Churros
- In a medium saucepan, add the water, butter, brown sugar and salt, and heat until it just boils. Remove from the heat, add the flour, and stir. Place in a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly (approximately 5 mins).
- Once cooled, add the eggs to the flour mixture a little bit at a time. At this stage you will need to be patient as the mixture takes time to combine. it will appear unmixed but don't give up it will combine with some elbow grease. Once it comes together, repeat the process until all is combined. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes, before placing in your piping bag.
- While that is cooling, in a medium to large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil (it must be very hot). While that's heating, combine the sugar and ground cinnamon in a large flat dish. now you can fill your piping bag with the churros mixture.
- Test your oil by placing a small amount of dough mixture into the pot. The dough should bubble up straightaway, if it does, your oil is ready.
- Squeeze some dough into the oil about 3 inches long and at the tip of the piping tool, cut away the dough with a butter knife. Ensure you turn the churros around in the oil to cook evenly and once they are golden brown, remove from the oil and place on a paper towel for a few seconds.
- Transfer them into your large flst dish and coat in the sugar dust.
For the Dipping Sauce
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or alternatively, in the microwave in 30 sec bursts until melted.
- Add the Menz FruChocs and serve with your warm Churros.